The security & privacy of your customer data, orders and payment details are paramount to us here at Quit Smoking Direct. Read our policies below:
All credit card transactions are safe with us. We use secure 128-bit SSL technology supplied by world leading, PCI compliant, independent third-party payment gateway provider Windcave, this means that the connection between your browser and our servers is ‘scrambled’, enabling your credit card details to travel safely on the internet. We also accept PayPal payments; PayPal also uses SSL. We do not store any Credit Card, or PayPal details.
What is SSL?
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is a method of ensuring that information submitted through a Web site is secure and cannot be accessed by unauthorized users. When a site offers an SSL-secured form, the information submitted via that form is encrypted using a special certificate key and then decrypted with another key after it has been transmitted.
What is a third-party payment gateway?
A third party payments solution provider (such as Windcave) links your web site to the credit card processing companies in real-time. When the customer enters his or her credit card number on the web site, the payment gateway obtains authorization for the charge, which will then settle into the merchant account. Credit card details are not stored anywhere on our servers nor in our premises.
Windcave has been developing and providing robust and innovative payment solutions since 1997.
Learn more about Windcave.
Our PRIVACY GUARANTEE:
Quit Smoking Direct will not disclose or sell your customer data to any third party.
What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- Like many websites, Quit Smoking Direct uses 'cookies' to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites.
How do we use your information?
- We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
Want help? Have a suggestion?
Contact us anytime, we'd love to hear from you! We're always available to help you make the best buying decisions you can, and improve your online shopping experience.